Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/boyhowdyo/littlebooks.boyhowdy.org/wp-settings.php on line 520

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/boyhowdyo/littlebooks.boyhowdy.org/wp-settings.php on line 535

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/boyhowdyo/littlebooks.boyhowdy.org/wp-settings.php on line 542

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/boyhowdyo/littlebooks.boyhowdy.org/wp-settings.php on line 578

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/boyhowdyo/littlebooks.boyhowdy.org/wp-settings.php on line 18
littlebooks - Archduke Bear

Archduke Bear

Hey there, folks! Sorry for the delay — first it was the flu, then it was wordpress, and right now it’s a dead scanner (retcha fretcha…). But one way or the other, we’re launching today, and will bring you a new book every two weeks when we feel like it!

For our first installment of littlebooks, we present an examination of the greatest bear of our times. Made as a present for Yuko.

Archduke Bear

We’ll see you again in two weeks — hopefully with a functional scanner. Or we’ll give up and go back to honest-to-god photography, not frankenscans. Thanks for reading, let us know what you think!

Comments 14

1. Cat wrote:

OMG! This rocked my socks so hard, they’re halfway across the room now!!!

MORE!!! I must have more!!!!

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 1:22 am
  2. tammy wrote:

I love it! I’m torn: having hands hold the books in photos is like being a kid and sharing the story with someone - but the scanning is much more clear and easy to read. There has to be an happy medium!!!

You guys are awesome.

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 4:00 am
  3. Lew Basnight wrote:

“The turn to sing is Archduke Bear’s–” That illustration made me laugh-cough on my breakfast.

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 8:13 am
  4. Marilyn wrote:

The poker face won my heart.

More please!

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 9:44 am
  5. Emily wrote:

My favorite is the page with the horse! The horse looks kind of dubious!

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 11:40 am
  6. Chewbob wrote:

The chestnut mare cracked me up. As did his swear face. FANTABULOUS, SAYS ME.

Posted 06 Jan 2009 at 2:51 pm
  7. Courtney wrote:

dear goodness, I am utterly in love with Archduke Bear! He has that certain savoir faire!

Posted 07 Jan 2009 at 6:49 pm
  8. Eric wrote:

I never knew that marker streaks excited me so much….. but they do.

Posted 02 Feb 2009 at 7:42 pm
  9. nikki wrote:

Excellent! Great Drawings, Great Words, Great Concept. Keep up the good work!

Posted 08 Mar 2009 at 8:09 pm
  10. Vincent Bondy wrote:

Anne Moloney, this is why you are and ever remain my hero. A doff of the cap to Foley and yourself.

Posted 12 Mar 2009 at 6:36 am
  11. Lauren wrote:

That was so unbelievably hysterically cute! Thanks for posting this, it made my day.

Posted 17 Mar 2009 at 6:53 pm
  12. Damie wrote:

Fabulous! All hail Archduke Bear, greatest ursine of the age!

Posted 27 Apr 2009 at 10:36 am
  13. Ben wrote:

This made me smile quite a bit. :D

Posted 05 May 2009 at 1:48 pm
  14. Cesar wrote:

lets join hands togather all of hinuds to save Dharma and conversations from YSR Congress as cristianity.Lakhs of People has been converted by Anil Kumar Hindus as cristianity Chala papam chesaru working as under ground mafia. maximum villages are reached 30% Cristianity plz save the state and the nation from this blade Y.S.Family now sharmila started Pada yatra with carrying of Bible atomatically people attrack with there hipnosis words and cristianity will rised to 40% to 50% cristianity in villages. Chudandi Y.S.Vijayamma garu meru kattukunna saree hindu tradition meeru pattukunna bottu hindu Tradition yendukuamma meru hinduvulani mosamchestharu lakshaladimandi hindu vulani cristianity ga marchina meru me alludu Anil kumar chala papam chesthunaru.Plz Note : Y.S.Family has not visiting our temples with heartly (manasulo varu saithan dhaghariki vacham anukuntunaru and saying to jesus on his prayers for visiting hindu Temples)plz stop to visit our temples other wise we have to make suddhi after visit of Adharma People Temples are using as a political Drama and acting.Mokka ga thunchanidhi manu ga thunchalemu.

Posted 15 Jun 2015 at 7:13 am